The score reflects the overall worthiness of the blockchain's ecosystem, as determined by regular monitoring and collective reviewing of the ecosystem.
The IC Network Status Dashboard maintenance has been completed.on 24 Aug
The IC Network Status Dashboard will undergo scheduled maintenance on 24 Aug
Ledger API Maintenance has been completed
Ledger API Maintenance and Updates
IC timing out error has been resolved
Some requests to the internet computer are timing out
InternetComputer ic-api.internetcomputer.org unhealthy on 25th july
Ecosystem score decreases with respect to Foundation tools score.
Data transfer from Protocol support to Add-ons, Hence score increased.
Foundation tool score decreases due to addition of dosen't exist programming language.
The score depicts the network's performance rating based on metrics like avg TPS, nodes, gas fees, and uptime.
|PERFORMANCE MATRIX||VALUE||MONITORED AT|
|Node Count||518 nodes|
|Reddit Total Members Online||296 members|
|Reddit Total Members||27,700 members|
|Discord Total Subscribers Online||805 subscribers|
|Discord Total Subscribers||9,630 subscribers|
|Telegram Err||1 err|
|Telegram Ppm||0 ppm|
|Telegram Views Per Post||127 views|
|Telegram Total Subscribers Online||2,121 subscribers|
|Telegram Total Subscribers||42,047 subscribers|
The score represents the development support the protocol offers to developers in terms of tools and resources.
he score is derived by considering the documentation support offered by the protocol to help developers better understand the protocol's ecosystem.
The score reflects the protocol's progressiveness in allocating funds to support the developers who are building on top of the blockchain.
The score reflects how equipped is the protocol's ecosystem with add-on tools like code editors, IDEs and security
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
The score reflects the protocol's ability to provide third-party services such as Oracle integration, API management, and cloud services.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
It reflects how well the protocol's support system works in terms of communication tools, DAO rating, development community size, and stack exchange, among other things.
It indicates how widely the protocol has been adopted in the industry, taking into account aspects such as the
number of developers that are using it and the number of transactional values.
The score depicts the protocol's overall responsiveness toward its members in online communities like Discord,
Telegram, Slack, Linkedin, etc.
The Internet Computer protocol was founded by the DFINITY Foundation, a nonprofit organization that is focused on research and development for creating Internet Computer. The foundation's work receive support from researchers and cryptographers scattered across the world. Dominic Williams started DFINITY in 2016 to bring Internet Computer to life. After years of effort put in by the DFINITY Foundation, the Internet Computer protocol was officially launched in the month of May 2021.
The idea behind Internet Computer is to create a new kind of global computing system and decentralized internet where independent data centers scattered across the globe could come together and create an alternative to centralized cloud services. The resulting network has a major advantage: it follows open standards, and hence, prevents all conflicts of interest that could arise in the case of a centralized cloud-computing provider.
This distributed, global network of data centers is able to run all the applications that can be accessed through traditional Internet standards like DNS.
About Internet Computer
Internet Computer is a fast and scalable general-purpose blockchain that allows you to access the full potential of smart contracts, eliminating all shortcomings of speed, storage and computational power associated with traditional blockchains. Smart contracts are now able to securely serve interactive web content directly into end users' browsers. Internet Computer is regulated by an autonomous decentralized organization or DAO. The DAO determines the network's topology and also makes necessary changes to the protocol.
Internet Computer has its own consensus protocol tailored to its specific needs. The consensus protocol has been designed for optimized throughput, latency, and protocol simplicity. It has the following four components:
- Block making: This involves creating candidate blocks to extend the blockchain.
- Notarization: This step is for identifying valid blocks out of which valid blockchains can be created.
- Random beacon: The random beacon—an unpredictable, random value, is used for ranking block makers and reducing the number of notarized blocks received in every round of notarization.
- Finalization: The asynchronous finalization mechanism tells that an agreement has finally been reached.
- Internet Computer aims to eliminate the growing dependence on centralized server farms dominating the cloud computing market.
- Internet Computer is able to scale to millions of nodes because of a breakthrough called Chain Key cryptography.
- Motoko is a modern, general-purpose programming language designed for writing Internet Computer canisters.
- Smart contracts on the Internet Computer protocol are called canisters.
- All aspects of the Internet Computer are governed by the network nervous system (NNS), which is an open governance system.
Dominic Williams conceived the idea of Internet Computer in 2016. He wanted to build a world computer that cannot be shut down. Later, in 2016, he realized this idea by founding DFINITY. Williams is currently the President and Chief Scientist at DFINITY in addition to being the Co-founder & President/CTO at String Labs.
Popular Use Cases
- ModClub is a dApp that acts as a moderation rewarding tool.
- ICPSwap is a decentralized exchange (DEX) platform that offers full-stack financial, market, and DAO services.
- ICMoji Origins is an NFT-based multiplayer game developed end-to-end on-chain on the Internet Computer.
- DSCVR works like Reddit but in a decentralized way. Here, the users are the owners of the platform. It is completely decentralized and accessible from any browser.
- The IC Gallery is an interoperable 3D metaverse that blends DeFi and GameFi.