Creating an Account for Stellar.
Welcome to this tutorial on how to create a Stellar keypair. A Stellar keypair is an essential component for participating in the Stellar network as it is used to identify and authenticate transactions. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps of creating a Stellar keypair using the Stellar Laboratory website. You will also learn how to receive test network funds and view your account details. By the end of this tutorial, you should have a strong understanding of how to create a Stellar keypair and utilize it on the Stellar network.
A Stellar keypair is a pair of public and secret keys that are used to identify and authenticate transactions on the Stellar network. It can be used as an account master key, account signer, and/or as a Stellar-core node key. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to create a Stellar keypair.
Go to this link: Laboratory – Stellar
- Click on the “Create Account” text icon. This will bring you to the keypair generator page.
- Click on the “Generate Keypair” button. This will generate a public key and secret key for you.
- To get test network funds, copy the public key and paste it into the Friendbot section below the keypair. Then, click on the “Get test network lumens” button to receive 10,000 lumens in your account.
- To check your account details, such as balance, copy the public key and click on the “Explore Endpoints” option.
- Under the “Accounts” section, go to the “Single Accounts” options.
- Paste the public key into the “Account ID” field and mark the checkbox for “Server-Sent Events”.
With these steps, you should now have a Stellar keypair and be able to access your account on the Stellar network. Remember to keep your secret key safe and secure, as it is used to authenticate and sign transactions on the network.